KINCAID VOLUNTEERS ARE...
Have Extra Time, A Specific Skill or Looking to Help In Any Way -
WE WANT YOU!
Volunteers are necessary for successful PTA and Foundation sponsored events/programs. Every act of service is important to our school community; and there are so many opportunities for volunteerism at Kincaid Elementary.
Actions Always Speak Louder Than Words
Kincaid Elementary PTA is asking each adult family member to: (1) join the PTA, and (2) commit to volunteer at least 3 hours throughout the year.
Below is a list of the different areas available to volunteer. In addition to the support needed at school and for events, several tasks can be done from home (i.e. database/administrative support, text messages/phone calls, emails, graphic design for programs flyers, technology support, and much more).
- Main Bulletin Board – Design content each month for the bulletin board near the Media Center and front office
- Cat Tracks – Layout and formatting design of the monthly paper-based newsletter (1 or 2 pages only) sent to Kincaid families
- Cougar Pride Awards (Character Education) – Recognize students displaying positive character attributes and co-ordinates with school counselors for celebration
- Community Outreach – Help others in our community through the MUST Ministries drives and quarterly hands-on projects
- Cougar Spirit Wear –Promote Kincaid t-shirts and supplies purchases; coordinate days on which students wear school colors
- Diversity and Inclusion – Teach the importance of being unique; coordinates activities like International Night, designs & sets up the Diversity Bulletin Board etc.
- F.B.I. (Fellas Being Involved) – Encourage Dads, Stepdads, Uncles, Grandpas, etc. to help out at school and with Friday morning carpool
- Honoring Our Heroes Essay Contest – Coordinate writing competition and reception in which students share stories about their heroes
- Hospitality – Show appreciation of teachers, staff, families by coordinating teacher luncheons, monthly goodies, and student activities
- Legislation and Advocacy – Provide awareness and advice to families on topics affecting children
- Membership – Help manage PTA database for GA and National PTA membership, track members, distribute benefit packages, and attain certifications.
- Parliamentarian/ECCC Rep – Support the PTA Board of Directors and Board of Executives with knowledge and expertise in PTA bylaws and procedures, represents Kincaid at East Cobb County Council of PTA (ECCCPTA) meetings
- Reflections Contest – Coordinate the National PTA arts competition and plans a reception for all entrants and their families
- Room Parent School-Wide Coordinator – Coordinate activities and communications and provides support to classroom room parents and grade level coordinators
- School Supply Packs – Coordinate pre-orders and distribution of school supplies boxes for the new school year
- Social Media – Help manage content for Kincaid PTA Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Spirit Night – Coordinate with local businesses and organizations to host spirit nights activities and events
- Earth Day Coordinator – Coordinate a day of Earth Day related activities.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Helps recruit and coordinate volunteers for schoolwide events
- Website – Help manage the official Kincaid website for layout and content.
- Yearbook – Design and coordinate sale of a keepsake of students’ elementary school years
5/2-5/6 Teacher Appreciation Week
5/12-PTA General Mtg
5/17-Field Day (K-2nd)
5/18-Field Day (3rd-5th)
5/19-CCSD Board Mtg
5/20-Sparkles Spirit Night, 4-8pm
5/21-International Day, 10am-1pm
5/25-Early Release/Last Day of School
VP of Communication
VP of School Services
VP of Education & Enrichment
Connect with Kincaid PTA!