2020-2021 will be a unique year as face to face events and large gatherings are currently not permitted. That being said, the PTA execs are coming up with creative ways to continue providing our families different ways to be involved. It will look different for sure, but we hope to still conduct events that the students look forward to every year, virtually, if possible.
More information will be provided as we formulate a strategy. In the meantime, please consider supporting the fabulous Kincaid community by becoming a PTA member.
There are many ways to get involved with Kincaid PTA and Foundation.
Click here to sign up for any of the volunteer opportunities described below!
- Bulletin Board – Designs content each month for the bulletin board near the Media Center and front office
- Cat Tracks – Writes a monthly paper-based newsletter (1 or 2 pages only) sent to Kincaid families
- Character Education – Recognizes students displaying positive character attributes and co-ordinates with school counsellors for celebration
- Community Outreach – Helps others in our community through MUST drives and quarterly hands-on projects
- Cougar Pride/Spirit Wear – Procures and sells Kincaid t-shirts and supplies; coordinates days on which students wear school colors
- Diversity and Inclusion – Teaches the importance of being unique; coordinates Explorers Club, a month long celebration of heritage
- FBI - Fellas Being Involved – Encourages Dads, Stepdads, Uncles, Grandpas, etc. to help out at school and with Friday a.m. carpool
- Foundation Fridays – Coordinates monthly Foundation fundraisers where students bring donations to wear theme related clothing
- General Event Planning – Plans Foundation events and fundraisers
- Grant Applications – Researches, writes, and submits grant applications for the Foundation
- Honoring Our Heroes Essay Contest – Hosts writing competition and reception in which students share stories about their heroes
- Hospitality – Shows appreciation of teachers, staff, families by hosting teacher luncheons, monthly goodies, and student activities
- Joint Fundraising – Works with Foundation to plan fundraising events that support Kincaid programs
- Legislation and Advocacy – Advises families on topics affecting children
- Membership – Manages GA and National PTA membership, tracks members, distributes benefit packages, and attains certifications
- Parliamentarian/ECCC Rep – Supports the PTA Board of Directors and Board of Executives with knowledge and expertise in PTA bylaws and procedures, represents Kincaid at East Cobb County Council of PTA meetings
- Raffles – Coordinates (orders and distributes tickets, procures prizes, etc.) two raffles per year for the Foundation
- Reflections – Hosts the national PTA arts competition and plans a reception for all entrants and their families
- Room Parent Coordinator – Coordinates activities and communications and provides support to room parents
- School Supply Packs – Procures, sells, and distributes boxes of school supplies at a group discount for the following school year
- Social Media – Administers Kincaid PTA Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Spirit Night – Coordinates with local businesses and organizations to host spirit nights to fundraise for the Foundation
- STEM Day Coordinator – Coordinates a day of science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) demonstrations.
- Student Banking – Teaches students the value of saving money by collecting deposits and awarding prizes for saving money
- Volunteer Coordinator – Helps recruit and coordinate volunteers for schoolwide events
- Website – Maintains PTA website using the Membership Toolkit application; coordinates with official Kincaid website content
- Welcome Back Festival – Engages families with a fun welcome back to school event (joint effort with Foundation this year)
- Yearbook – Designs and coordinates sale of a keepsake of students’ elementary school years
Not sure what to volunteer for? Our Volunteer Form also includes an option for "general" opportunities so we can call you when we have a need!!